Help Support Worship at Resurrection
Did you know it takes a lot of people every week to lead and support our worship services? There are many easy opportunities to get involved and help support worship. We are refreshing our roster of worship leaders with training sessions planned for August that will benefit both veterans and newcomers in all worship leadership roles.
RLC Congregation: If you would like to start – or continue – to help lead or support worship, please complete our online survey or indicate your interest using the yellow Connect Card in the Sunday bulletin. You can also contact our Director of Worship & Music, Sherry Andersen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below are descriptions of the many different opportunities to serve as a part of Resurrection’s worship services.
- Assisting Minister: Assist the pastor in leading worship at the altar; distribute bread at Holy Communion. Ages: high school+
- Crucifer: Carry the processional cross at the beginning and end of worship; distribute bread at Holy Communion. Ages: high school+; must be able to comfortably carry the processional cross.
- Acolyte: Light candles prior to worship; carry lectionary book in procession at start of worship; hold chalice of wine and grape juice during Holy Communion. Ages: middle and high school.
- Torchbearer: Veteran acolyte carries processional torch at the beginning and end of festival worship services. Ages: older middle school or high school.
- Scripture Reader: Read scripture during worship. Ages: ANY – must be comfortable reading in front of a group.
- Communion Minister: Assist during Holy Communion by holding a chalice of wine and grape juice. Ages: middle school+
- Altar Guild: Usually serve in pairs to prepare the altar for worship and clean up afterward. Ages: ANY – any gender.
- Usher: Friendly faces who distribute bulletins, help people find seats, collect the offering and direct people up to Holy Communion. Ages: ANY – any gender (2nd grade and younger with a parent or other adult partner)
- Sound Board: Ensure congregation can hear what’s going on by turning microphones on and off and adjusting volume. Ages: middle school+; must remain attentive throughout the worship service.
- PowerPoint Assistant: Advance worship PowerPoint slides so the congregation can follow along in worship. Ages: middle school+; must remain attentive throughout the worship service.
- Video Recording: Operate remote control for cameras and video mixer to record worship services to DVD and for upload to Vimeo. Ages: middle school+; must remain attentive throughout the worship service.
- Musician: We utilize a variety of instruments in worship – if you can handle playing the music, we’ll find a place for you! Ages: any capable musician
- Choir: Our vocal and bell choirs for all ages will resume after Labor Day – watch for more information to come!
- Worship Arts Team: We are forming a new team to help enrich our worship experience in new ways. The team will work within the parameters of the liturgical seasons and any themes identified by the pastors and Director of Worship & Music. We want to engage the whole person through visual displays, sounds, smells, touch, drama, whatever creative things the team dreams up. If this piques your interest, let us know – we’ll schedule a gathering in August to talk more about it.
Questions? Contact Sherry Andersen at email@example.com