Donate and Serve with Perry Township Schools SHARE Event
Each year, Perry Township Schools hosts an annual SHARE event at the Sixth Grade Academy shortly before school starts. This year, the SHARE event is Saturday, July 25 from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. and will be a drive-thru format.
Due to the impact of COVID-19, even more families are expected to need help with school supplies for the upcoming 2020-2021 school year. Here are a couple ways you can support our neighbors.
Supply Drive for Perry Township Schools
This year, Resurrection is focusing on a couple essential items rather than collecting a wide range of school supplies.
Donate pencils or pens
- Pencils are used by all students, K-12. Ticonderoga No. 2 pencils are the most preferred because they are long-lasting and consistently sharpen without breakage. Avoid pencils with designs as they are tough on sharpeners.
- For pens, black and blue fit the need.
How to donate
- Drop off donations at RLC on Fridays June 19 – July 10, 6-7 p.m. in the marked container outside the side door facing Perry Park.
- OR purchase supplies online and ship to RLC (445 E. Stop 11 Road, Indianapolis, IN 46227).
- All donations must be received by Friday, July 10.
Serve in-person at the SHARE event
- Saturday, July 25, 11 a.m. -1 p.m. – Volunteers are needed to distribute supplies at the Perry SHARE Event on Saturday, July 25, 11 a.m. – 1p.m. at the Perry Meridian Sixth Grade Academy (202 W Meridian School Rd, Indianapolis, IN). This year’s event will be a drive-thru format where volunteers hand a pre-packed bag of supplies through a car window or place it in the trunk.
Details and Signup
- Volunteers must wear mask and gloves.
- Children under the age of 15 are welcome to serve with parental supervision.
- Signup by Tuesday, July 21 using the Perry SHARE Event Volunteer Signup.
Questions? Contact Julie Jessee, email@example.com