Women of the ELCA Annual Thankoffering
Giving thanks. Giving joy. Giving back.
It’s the time of year when we reflect on our blessings. Many Lutheran congregations collect a special Thankoffering to support the work of the Women of the ELCA (WELCA). The Thankoffering tradition honors generations women joyfully joining together in God’s service to other women, giving thanks for what God has given us.
To donate and help sustain the work of WELCA, please give by check or online (designate “WELCA Thankoffering”) by Sunday, Nov. 28.
Thank you for your generosity in supporting the Women of the ELCA!
WELCA’s roots date to 1837, when the first American Lutheran women’s society was founded. Today WELCA supports women across the U.S. and the globe, by …
- Creating resources such as devotions, Bible studies, workshops, and retreats to help women grow in faith, discern their spiritual gifts and act on God’s call in their lives.
- Granting scholarships to women preparing for lay or ordained ministry.
- Providing training and education about issues such as human trafficking, racism, domestic violence, bullying, and immigration.
- Awarding seed grants for local WELCA projects
- Providing grants to domestic and international nonprofit organizations that support physical, emotional, and spiritual health for women and families.
Find more information at womenoftheelca.org.
Contact: Linda McCoy or the parish office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (317) 881-7854.