Special Congregation Meeting: Pastor of Community Call
The Congregation Council is excited to announce that Pastor Mitch has been approved by both the Pastoral Search Team #1 and the Congregation Council for the position of Pastor of Community. The next step in the process is for the Congregation to vote on his call to this position.
Question and Answer Sessions
- Sunday, February 25th from 12:00 p.m. – 12:45 p.m. (Sanctuary)
- Wednesday, February 28th from 6:15 – 6:45 p.m. with Council AND 7:30 – 8:15 p.m. with Pastor Mitch (Resurrection Hall).
At these sessions, you will have the opportunity to ask the Council and Pastor Mitch questions related to this call as well as view the proposed compensation package. The compensation package presented at these meetings is a finalized product. Per Synod guidelines, we are happy to share the compensation package with you and answer questions about it. However, no adjustments will be made to the compensation package based on feedback from these sessions.
Special Congregation Meeting
The Congregation Council is calling a Special Congregation Meeting on Sunday, March 4th at 9:30 a.m.
As outlined in our Constitution, all voting members of RLC are allowed voice and vote privileges at Special Congregation Meetings. In order to vote, an RLC member must meet these criteria (C8.02.C):
- Be confirmed (at RLC, by adult baptism, baptized and then received by Affirmation of Faith, or by transfer of membership from another Lutheran Congregation)
- Have attended worship and communed during the current or preceding year
- Have made a contribution of record within the current or preceding year. Contributions are recorded by household – so if any member of the household has made a contribution of record, all confirmed members of the household are considered to have made a contribution of record. Should you need to meet this criteria, all contributions must be made by Sunday, February 25th in order to be properly recorded.
In order for a valid vote to occur, we must achieve a quorum of 63 voting members in attendance at this meeting. Then, there will be TWO separate votes taken. We will be using paper ballots for this process. In order to verify your status as a voting member, we will ask you to check in as you enter the meeting and then you will also receive your ballots. As outlined by the Synod call process, we will have a Synod representative present to monitor the proceedings.
- Vote #1: Approval to extend the call for Pastor of Community to Pastor Mitch.
This requires a 2/3 majority of voting members present and voting to approve the call. Absentee or proxy ballots are not permitted.
- Vote #2: Approval of compensation package for Pastor Mitch.
This requires a simple majority of votes cast.