Reports to: Director of Worship and Music
Supported by: Personnel Team, Congregation Council, and Staff
Classification: Part Time, Exempt
The organist supports Resurrection Lutheran Church’s core values of “vibrant, liturgical worship” and “serving from giftedness” by providing excellent musical accompaniment and collaborating with musicians from within the congregation to support the worship life of the church.
- Accompany congregation and choirs at two worship services each Sunday morning on both organ and piano
- Accompany rehearsals for children’s choir and adult choir on Wednesday evenings (August – May)
- Accompany special worship services including Thanksgiving Eve, Christmas Eve, Wednesday evenings during Lent, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and Easter Vigil
- Arrange for qualified substitute when absent
Additional responsibilities may be negotiated for qualified and interested candidates.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Experience and training in accompanying liturgical worship
- Five years’ experience as a musician in a church setting
- Degree in music with emphasis in organ/piano preferred
- High degree of competency in organ and piano solo work and accompaniment
- Flexibility in music style
- Sensitivity to the abilities of church music volunteers
- Strong knowledge of music theory, including ability to compose, transpose, and harmonize music
For more information or to apply (with cover letter and résumé) contact firstname.lastname@example.org.