At Resurrection, we want to partner with households to support lifelong faith formation in the home. Faith Milestones seek to name, bless, and gift special and significant moments in one’s faith journey. They also provide opportunities for households and families to learn specific faith practices together. After completing each milestone, participants receive a blessing and a gift to symbolize the milestone. Milestones are offered for children and youth of all ages, marking key points in a child’s life between the cradle and high school graduation.
- Baptism: The family is provided with their first set of resources for prayer, Bible study, and family devotions
- Welcome to Learning Hour (3-year-olds): An introduction to learning, both at church and at home
- Welcome to Worship (Kindergarten): An introduction to worship and liturgy, both at church and at home
- Teach Us to Pray (1st Grade): Learning the Lord’s Prayer, and other ways to pray
- Loving God and Loving Neighbor (2nd Grade): Learning the Ten Commandments and serving our neighbors
- Bible (3rd Grade): Learning about the Bible and how we read it, both at church and at home
- Communion (4th Grade): Learning about the Sacrament of Holy Communion and why is an important part of our faith
- Identity (5th Grade): Exploring our identities in the world, and recognizing we are all beloved children of God
- Confirmation (9th Grade): At the conclusion of their FaithBuilders journey, youth are invited to participate in an affirmation of baptism
- Vocation (10th Grade): Exploring spiritual gifts and how we use them to serve God and other people
- Graduation (12th Grade): Blessing and sending out graduates as they move into the next chapter of their lives
If you have questions about the Faith Milestones, please contact our Director of Youth & Children’s Ministries.