Creating an Account
You have to create an account in order to access the database. You will use your Email address for the username. This means that each person with an account must have a unique Email address. If a household has been sharing an Email address, they will have to use different addresses for each online account – though one person can use the household e-mail address. Suggestions include using a work Email address or sign up for a free Email address from Gmail, Yahoo, or Hotmail. If a household wants to continue receiving Email in one account, the new account may be able to be set up to auto-forward to the household Email address. Parents may want to set up auto-forwarding for their children’s Email accounts. After setting up your account, you can designate an Email address other than the one you use for logging in as the default Email address for communicating with you (as long as it is not someone else’s login address).
- Visit the login page.
- Click the “Need an account?” link below the “Log in” button
- Enter your Email address and click the “Next Step” button. Use the Email address that should already be entered in the database for you. This will associate your online account with the correct record in the database. Once you have connected to the database, you can change your primary Email address if you wish to use a different one. NOTE: If in this step you enter an Email address not in the database, it will create a new record for you (see the NOTE in Step 5). We will have to add the Email address you use to sign up to the database record that was created through the conversion from the old database and then you will have to go through the account creation process again.
- The database will now send an Email with your Security Code. IMPORTANT: Do not leave this screen! The Security Code HAS to be entered in the currently open window in order to be valid. Open your Email program (in a new browser window if necessary), write down or copy the Security Code, type or paste it into the box, and click the “Next Step” button. The next screen should have your first and last names already entered. If so, you have connected to your record in the database that came through the data conversion. If not, you have used an Email address not in the database and it is creating a new record – in this case, please see the NOTE in the step below.
- Verify the spelling of your name (or enter a name if blank and see the NOTE below), enter and confirm your password (at least six characters long), verify your birthdate and gender – and then finally, click the “Setup Account” button. Please make sure we have your accurate birthdate. Some of the database functions are dependent on having accurate birthdates. Your birth year will not be publicized to the congregation. NOTE: If this screen did not already have your first and last name entered, you used an Email address not in the database and you are creating a new record in the database. This is okay – simply continue through Step 8 below, but DO NOT enter any additional information in the “My Info” tab described in the next section. We will take the Email address you used to set up your account and enter it into the correct record. You will then have to go through the account creation steps again in order to connect to the correct record in the database.
- You should now see a screen that says your account is setup. Click the “Get Started” button
- You will now be on the “My Info” tab in the database portal (see the screen shot on the following page). The next section of this document explains each of the tabs. NOTE: If in Step 5 above, your first and last names were not already filled in, you have just created a new record in the database. This is okay – but please DO NOT enter any additional information in the “My Info” tab. We will take the Email address you used to set up your account, enter it into the correct record, and delete the new record. We will notify you when this has been completed (usually within 24 hours). You will then have to go through the account creation steps again in order to connect to the correct record in the database.
Once you have set up your account, you will have limited access (i.e. you can’t see the directory) until your account is verified – which should happen within 24 hours. Once verified you will have full access to your information and the online directory.