Discipleship Hour for All Ages
Sunday mornings at 9:30 a.m.
Discipleship Hour is Resurrection’s version of Sunday School. Opportunities for spiritual growth and fellowship are available for all ages.
A nursery for our littlest ones (0-4), is staffed throughout the entire Sunday morning, including the Discipleship Hour.
Children (Age 3 – 5th Grade)
The children gather for song and conversation, followed by grade-based learning time. Currently we are using the Whirl Lectionary-Based curriculum developed by Augsburg Fortress. In addition to each age group having a caring teacher, they have another faith mentor (sometimes it is a high school youth) who enjoys hanging out and modeling Jesus with the kids!
Middle School and High School
Our middle and high school youth gather with an adult faith mentor to learn and discuss Christian life – what does it mean to be a disciple – how does this relate to me and being a teenager – in a safe environment where they can disagree and question.
We strive to have multiple choices, usually including a conversation/Bible study based on the appointed scripture passages for the day. Other options include topical classes on current events or formation series that focus on faith practices.
January Adult Discipleship Hour Topics
- The Theological Migration: From a Violent God of Domination to a Nonviolent God of Liberation — The Bible in Labor
- The Missional Migration: From Organized Religion to Organizing Religion – The Transformational Place of the Local Church
- The Missional Migration: From Organized Religion to Organizing Religion – A Vision for Resurrection in 2018 and Beyond
- What’s in the 2018 Jan.-July Fiscal Year Budget? Meet with Council in Resurrection Hall
- Semi-Annual Congregation Meeting
Inter-generational Faith Formation
In addition, adults are encouraged to participate in classes and discussions with our children and youth during the Discipleship Hour, as the inter-generational give-and-take is a rich source of faith formation for all involved.
Some of our adults also occasionally take time off from the above offerings to use the Discipleship Hour to gather in Koinonia Café, just off the narthex, in order to engage in caring conversation and fellowship. Often faith talk cards are available to guide this other means of the Spirit’s life-long guiding to spiritual growth and maturity.