Food Pantry Ministry
The Food Pantry Ministry Team coordinates the collection of food items to be donated to local food pantries, including Emmaus Lutheran Church, Damien Center, Hunger Inc., and Indianapolis Public School Eleanor Skillen School #34.
We also collect white grain rice for Second Helpings. Second Helpings provides meals, which they prepare at their center, for community meals, after school programs, and community agencies.
Our donations support these food pantries and Second Helpings to provide their programs and feed families in our community who face challenges every day in providing for their families.
How can I help?
The community of RLC is very generous with their donations of time and food, allowing us to serve others throughout the city of Indianapolis who suffer food insecurity due to many different circumstances.
Volunteer your time
Members of the team support the donations to the food pantries, write announcements for church communications, and deliver items to the food pantries.
RLC Disciples can donate items to the Food Pantry Ministry. Donations can be brought to church and placed on the rack outside Resurrection Hall.
Donations to the Food Pantry Ministry during June, will be given to Hunger Inc. in Perry Township. Hunger Inc. is open twice a week, helping individuals and families who are food challenged. White grain rice and pasta will be donated to Second Helpings.
Suggestions for Hunger Inc.:
- June 3: cereals, juices; pasta and white grain rice
- June 10: toilet paper, toiletries; pasta and white grain rice
- June 17: canned vegetables and fruits; pasta and white grain rice
- June 24: canned meats and soups; pasta and white grain rice
Food donations will be given to Emmaus Lutheran Church in Fountain Square. They serve the families in the area southeast of Fountain Square. Pasta and white grain rice rice donations continue to be given to Second Helpings, helping provide meals to community services around the city. Weekly suggestions are:
- July 1: canned meats and soups; pasta and white grain rice
- July 8: breakfast cereals and juices; pasta and white grain rice
- July 15: pasta sauce and boxed meals; pasta and white grain rice
- July 22: canned vegetables and fruits; pasta and white grain rice
- July 29: toilet paper and hygiene items; pasta and white grain rice
Questions about the Food Pantry Ministry can be directed to Jane Zobel at jezobel(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)comcast.net.